Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hannah and Kelvin: Part 1

As I have mentioned Hannah and Kelvin tied the knot this past weekend at The Crest Center & Pavilion in Asheville.  The facility is just gorgeous, overlooking all of Asheville.  It was a perfect place to be for peak leaf weekend and a wedding.  The weather was constantly changing.  I got there and it was 65 and blue skies and by the time the ceremony started I would say it dropped 20 degrees at least and the clouds and wind rolled in, but it was still SO beautiful.  
This cake was made by Cortney Hall.  She grew up with Hannah in Weaverville and is one of the most talented cake bakers I have ever seen!  She is currently living in Knoxville, TN so if you are in that area you HAVE to get her to bake you a cake!  Every ounce of this cake (except the ribbon) is edible.  The details in the flowers is unreal.  I will have more pictures on another post.  I just wanted to share a few details. 
The final pictures are of Hannah and Kelvin before the ceremony.  I really love those moments pre-ceremony.  It is just so fun to watch people in their final hours of singledom.


(please pardon the scattered look of the pictures.  I did not lay them out the way they are appearing and blogger is giving me some spacing issues.  I will continue to work on it, hopefully it won't be too distracting for you!)

































13 comments:

Margaret October 29, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

gorgeous!! You can almost feel the chilly fall day in those pictures. That cake is beautiful and what a gorgeous setting to get married. You captured it perfectly.

JTP October 29, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

what amazing pics Sunday!!! You are really soo talented at this! They are the standard "wedding pics" you know everyone at the church, the grandmothers at the reception- these make you feel like you were there- I feel like I should get them a gift :-)what fun!

The Colorado Carrs October 29, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

SO pretty!! Love the ring and pumpkins. Cant wait to see more!!! It was so great to see you even if it was "work" related.

Jim October 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Great pictures. The world comes alive in them.

The Boe's ~ October 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Awesome job Sunday! You are so talented. All the colors are so vibrant and rich looking!! Love them and can't wait to see more!
Congratulations by the way!!

Becky Swann October 29, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

You really got the beauty of that place! It is so pretty in the Fall.
Maybe it's just my computer, but from where I'm sitting the pictures don't look too scattered.
but maybe you already fixed them:)
Cortney awesome job on the cake!

CortneyTree October 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

YAY! Gorgeous pictures, Sunday, just beautiful! Thanks for the shout out :) The cake looks even better in your pictures (just as I thought!) I'm so glad we finally "met". Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures, you are amazing!!

Unknown October 29, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

wow. so beautiful. The crest center is beautiful and especially in the fall, but your pictures make it look dreamlike. I love that cake, it's incredible she is really talented too.

Wendy October 30, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

I love fall weddings! These photos, as usual are beautiful!!!

The Ledfords October 30, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Wow! These pictures are wonderful, and that has to be the yummiest looking cake I've ever seen! Can't wait to see more!

Niki November 1, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Oh these are gorgeous! Dreamlike is right, Annie! It looks like it was a beautiful day and ceremony. So glad you are sharing these with us.
That cake is incredible, too. I can't believe those leaves and flowers.

Courtney November 2, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Great job Sunday! I love these.. they remind me of my wedding!! = ) Execpt for it being so much greener and the fall colors were more vivid.. plus it looked warmer too! ha! But you did a wonderful job! I love them all! I knew you would rock it!

Adam and Annie November 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

Beautiful. I wish you were doing this when I got married!

Twitter

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP