Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hands

I love the untraditional baby pictures, where the baby's face might not be the center of attention. I feel like these pictures say something and tell a bit of a story. Worth's hands are strong and pretty beat up but when he is holding his 6 week old baby girl then they are soft and tender. My heart clinches just a little bit when I see these images. There is nothing more handsome then a dad, in particular this dad, holding his girls. I also have loved hands. Forest Gump thinks that you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, I think you can tell by their hands. I have mentioned that Grandma had my most favorite hands in the world. There was just something about them. They told a story to me of hard work, of holding babies, making pizelles, holding my hand.....
Hollings hands are so new they have not toughened up. They are so young and trusting, willing to grab onto anything and anybody.
Do your pictures tell a story? Do they really show who the people are? Can you look at them and say "yes, that is them exactly"?
Document your life.

Morning light, a new day, a new start. Put that sleepless night behind you and start fresh.
Love the wedding ring in this shot.

5 comments:

Becky Swann April 20, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

I like hands too, I am with you, I like that my hands have started to look like a mom's hands.
I like that you put it into words how you are a hand fan:) sweet pictures

Kristin April 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

so beautiful sunday. i love hands too, and especially tough, rugged ones that show how much that man can do and has done with those hands. i love your challenge of taking pictures that show who a person is. i am trying to learn this from you from afar!

JTP April 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

really great pictures Sunday... did you know that ...this is kind of gross...but in cadaveor labs they actually keep hands covered up because people associate that with being "human"... interesting thinking aout that and your pictures of hands.... coming from an Anatomy teacher... don't make fun of me for the comment :-)

Sunday Grant Photography April 21, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

JT I think that is really interesting actually! The first thing I looked at when I saw my Grandma after she had passed was her hands. I wanted to see if they still looked like her hands, they didn't.

Heidi King April 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Love this! You bring out beauty in your work! I also love that you think this "particular dad" is handsome! It's good I know he is your husband...

Twitter

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP